Cannot Get Collector to Display on Webpage

Rob March 4, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Using the issue collector

I have been trying to get a newly created issue collector to show up on a simple html webpage as a demonstration of the functionality.  I created a new business project for task management and created an issue collector with little changed from default.  However, not matter how we embed the code; we cannot get the issue creator to show up.  We have tried both solutions and each time, the collector does not load.  Page profiling shows the code executing without error and Visual Studio does not report any errors from the build.  I found this questing (Issue collector does not show up) but removing the locale did not fix our problem.  

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://idcfs-oits.atlassian.net/s/0f9a69d3a5f98a3570ba51310d79c4ab-T/en_US-49fam4/72000/b379df1a609edfa4d036eeb2a01ca2c8/2.0.12/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js?locale=en-US" data-wrm-key="com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector" data-wrm-batch-type="resource&collectorId=d729e1c1"></script>

with locale removed:

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://idcfs-oits.atlassian.net/s/0f9a69d3a5f98a3570ba51310d79c4ab-T/en_US-49fam4/72000/b379df1a609edfa4d036eeb2a01ca2c8/2.0.12/_/download/batch/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector/com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector.js" data-wrm-key="com.atlassian.jira.collector.plugin.jira-issue-collector-plugin:issuecollector" data-wrm-batch-type="resource&collectorId=d729e1c1"></script>

Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

0 votes
Rob March 7, 2016

I was using VS2013 and debuggin in Chrome and IE.  Everything showed green with no run-time or compile errors.

I did find a JIRA issue that address this problem though.  You have to manually modify the link to replace some quotes and spaces but afterwards, the collector works as intended.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-59966

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2016

What configuration are you using? Prominent? Subtle? Have you tried a custom one? is javascript enabled in your browser? 

Rob March 4, 2016

Direct embedded html, Prominent, I have not tried the custom (trying to keep it simple) and yes, js is enabled.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2016

Time for some debugging then. What console do you have? Try opening up the browser console and check what error is being logged when you open the webpage with the issue collector, I suspect communication issues.

Suggest an answer