Cannot Complete Sprint - Method Not Allowed

Scott Metcalf November 10, 2015

I am the administrator of the system and the project lead. I am trying to close a sprint, but when I click on 'Complete Sprint' at the top of the sprint and click 'Complete' I am given the message "Error: Method Not Allowed". I cannot seem to find an answer as to why I cannot close this sprint. Any ideas?

Another issue that could be related is that I cannot remove issues from a sprint. When I attempt to it also tells me "Method Not Allowed".

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Metcalf November 16, 2015

It turns out that the issue was caused by either firewall issues related to the installation of a new firewall at my place of work or that JIRA was operating via a proxy setup through IIS on Windows Server 2012. Who knows... it could have been a combination of both of these things. I won't know more until I am able to work with the Network people here to diagnose whether its the firewall or the IIS proxy.

I know this because I decided to disconnect JIRA from the IIS proxy and access it locally on the server. When I did that I was then able to close Sprints, unreleased versions, move issues from the backlog to the sprint scope, etc.

===============
EDIT
===============

Turns out that WebDav was installed on IIS and apparently was hijacking certain REST calls. After I removed WebDav as a feature from IIS everything seemed to work just fine! 

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2015

A couple of other things you may check.  

Do you have any open sub-tasks?

Do you have multiple projects in the Board filter, one of which you do not have the correct permission to?

Scott Metcalf November 14, 2015

Thanks for the help! I did have some open subtasks, but the story was open as well. It was also only for a single project. I did end up figuring out what was going on. I'll include it in a new answer in case anyone runs into the same issue.

0 votes
Scott Metcalf November 11, 2015

Hmmm. No issues have been moved between multiple projects. There were several project versions that were involved in the sprint, however.

0 votes
James Strangeway
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 10, 2015

Have you moved one or more of the issues to another project?  (you can check by searching for all sprintid's = sprintid that won't close) then bulk edit and remove those that have changed projects.  

Hope this helps.

Suggest an answer