Cann't create new issues

Slava Liberzon August 11, 2013

Hi,

We are working on JIRA 5.2.8, on developers license. When I'm creating new issue type and afterwards try to create new issue with this Issue type it fails.

Thank You,

Slava

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Slava Liberzon August 17, 2013

The Issue was solved.

It was a matter of new issue configuration.

Thanks all who tryed to help me.

Slava

0 votes
richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2013

Hi there,

You will need to clear the work directory, located normally under your tomcat/JIRA installation folder.

This is the caches built and it might be corrupted.

<JIRA_INSTALLATION_DIRECTORY|CATALINA_BASE>/work

Perform a deletion on that and restart, you problem should be gone :)

Cheers.

richie_gee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 12, 2013

You will need to stop JIRA first, clear directory, and start JIRA again after clearing. It will rebuilt the content inside the directory.

Also take note, not to delete the folder, only delete the content inside the folder.

Slava Liberzon August 12, 2013

Hi Richie,

First of all Thank you for your replay.

I have performed your recomendation, but the problem remained :-(

Regards,

Slava

richie_gee
Atlassian Team
August 12, 2013

Just another quick test, can you try clearing the browser cache and see if this issue is resolved?

Reason behind, the error throw is javascript related error which will not be able to tracked from JIRA end unless it is a bug that is causing this at the first place which I do not recall coming accross such problem.

Also you can try accessing your JIRA without proxy and locally using the same browser see if you are able to load the page correctly?

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 11, 2013

Hi,

You can try with Fire fox?

Hi,

Unfortunatly we can't work with othe browsers

Best regards,

Slava

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2013

Hi Slava,

Which version of internet explorer are you using?

It might be this problem : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Compatibility+Mode+related+problems+on+Internet+Explorer

Do you also have this problem when using a different browser?

Best regards,

Peter

Hi,

Thank You for a quick responce.

We are using IE8, and we can't try it on any other browser. I have disabled the compatibility mode, it doesn't helps.

Any Ideas?

Best Regards,

Slava

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 11, 2013

Does it only fail with this new issue type? Or does it fail with all new issues you want to create?

It fails with all new issue types, if I try to create new issue with exsistant issue type it works fine.

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 11, 2013

Are there any custom fields or screens for your new issue types? Maybe those are the problem. Did you do a full re index after creating those new issue types?

Slava Liberzon August 12, 2013

Re index was done after creating new custom fields and screens, still we had the same problem.

Suggest an answer