Cancel OnDemand subscription, keep Bitbucket team (5 users)

Matthew Sheats April 29, 2013

I am a one man software shop. For over a year I have been using JIRA/Confluence/Fisheye (now Bitbucket). After the migration to Bitbucket I discovered it really does everything I need. JIRA and Confluence are vast overkill for a one man shop who only has a couple of occasional collaborators.

So I want to cancel my OnDemand subscription but I want to make sure I do it in a way that does not harm my linked BitBucket team account. I want to take my team account down to the 5 user free tier once the OnDemand stuff is canceled.

Is there a special process for doing this? I'm afraid to just hit "cancel" for fear it might take out my linked team account.

Thanks, Matt

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
AmberF
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

If you started your Bitbucket account as part of an OnDemand instance, then you'll need to convert your OnDemand account to a stand alone account before you cancel your service.

You can move your repositories to a new Bitbucket account by following these manual steps:

1. Rename your existing Bitbucket account to something else to free up the account name.
  2. Sign up for a free 5 user Bitbucket account.
  3. Use the repository transfer feature to move your repositories from your old account over to your new account.
  4. Set your existing OnDemand instance to not auto-renew.

If you follow the above steps, you will have successfully detached your Bitbucket account from OnDemand.

Ok just to be clear since this is a bit scary: I can rename my current team account from MyTeamA to MyTeamB, then create a brand new team account (5 user) called MyTeamA. Then transfer my ownership from MyTeamB to the new MyTeamA?

0 votes
m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2013

You may want to check out the documentation for a couple of potential gotchas.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Renaming%2C+Converting%2C+or+Deleting+an+Account

0 votes
AmberF
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2013

Yep, that's exactly right. If you run into any problems feel free to email us at support@bitbucket.org - we're happy to help.

Great! Thank you for your fast responses!

0 votes

Ok just to be clear since this is a bit scary: I can rename my current team account from MyTeamA to MyTeamB, then create a brand new team account (5 user) called MyTeamA. Then transfer my ownership from MyTeamB to the new MyTeamA?

Suggest an answer