Can you work directly with Atlassian for Pricing/purchasing?

Giovanny MACARTHUR July 20, 2021

We currently work through a VAR for our Atlassian products.....is it possible to work directly with Atlassian or do you have to work through VARs (Value Added Resellers)? 

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

For Align, you'll find Atlassian will want to help you prepare for and implement Align, and they'll mostly use trained partners to provide people to do that.  @Kit Friend and I were on the same partner training session...

Kit Friend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2021

That as a fun 9 days back when he had those strange physical work environments....

Probably ethical to flag that @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- and I both work for resellers so take our advice with a pinch of salt BUT there's a key theory here - Atlassian relies on its ecosystem of partners to be able to scale support, expertise (and plugins!) - more than they could (easily at least) - hence why they're keen to support people going via a responsible partner (find one via https://www.atlassian.com/partners). The best discounts come via those that they believe will support you getting the most value from their tools (the Enterprise and Platinum ones). 

Giovanny MACARTHUR July 20, 2021

Thank you @Kit Friend That certainly makes sense. The question was asked so I thought I would pose it here and see what feedback I got. We are currently using partners.

0 votes
Kit Friend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2021

You can but Atlassian provides better rates via resellers than direct. 

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 20, 2021

You can contact Atlassian Support with pricing questions. You can buy direct - Jira Align

Suggest an answer