Can you view all issues between two selected versions?

Lincoln Waddell February 24, 2017

I'd like to be able to select two different versions (with multiple versions in between) and see a list of all of the issues completed between the two versions.  Is this possible?  For example, if I have a client upgrading from version 1.1 to 1.4, can I view or create a release notes document that shows all changes between 1.1 and 1.4 (1.2, 1.3, 1.4)?

1 answer

0 votes
Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2017

One option if you want all parents printed in the affected versions. I can't think of a means to produce an html friendly report like the Releases page provides. Also, if you remove the function below and your configuration does not expose, or copy, the version, then you'll only get parents.

project = foo AND fixVersion in (1.1,1.2,1.3,1.4) AND type in standardIssueTypes()

You could also use operators though to define the range, but assumes your releases were released in this order. This includes 1.1. through 1.4.

project = foo AND fixVersion >= 1.1 AND fixVersion <= 1.4

This is the net of the versions between those specified.

project = foo AND fixVersion > 1.1 AND fixVersion < 1.4

Suggest an answer