Can you view a project URL from any issue?

Andrew Lynn March 9, 2014

We'd like to add a relevant URL to a few of our projects. After doing so, we'd also like to be able to view (and click) that URL from any issue within that project. If we add a URL to a project, is it possible to view that URL from any issue that's added under that project without creating a custom field to hold it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chris Rondeau
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2014

I don't believe so. Project URL is setup to be kind of like "For More Information, Click Here!" from the summary page.

I don't see it as configurable anywhere else.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 10, 2014

Pretty much what I was going to say.

Although, if you have the script runner, it's easy to have a scripted field that could pull the project url and display it (slightly ugly because it will be data on every issue). Or, if you have the Jira toolkit, you can put any message you want on screen with an html message field.

Suggest an answer