Can you use ScriptRunner's built- in script: 'create a sub- task' in a Service Desk project?

Claire Upham October 17, 2017

We have been using Scriptrunner for a while, and just tried to use the 'create a sub- task' post function in a workflow that's in a service desk project. The parent issue is a request from the service desk. Basically, Jira freaks out and tries to create the sub-tasks as service desk requests... I have a feeling this is because the actor of the script is a Service Desk Customer (we have unlimited licenses, all users are customers). Is there any way around this? Is this script just not meant for service desk?

We also have Suite Utilities for Jira (JSU), so I''ve thought about creating linked issues instead, but I'm fearful that the same thing will happen; Jira will try to make these service desk requests as well.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 17, 2017

Claire.

I saw your support request this morning and I'm currently working on it.

What I can tell you now, is that subtasks, weren't originally meant for JSD as you can see here 

Also what I can tell you is that currently we're adapting a lot of our scripts to JIRA SD, but currently I don't think this is supported. As soon as I get to reproduce this I'll let you know in the ticket you opened.

I'm sorry that I didn't get to answer you this morning but this was hard to demo.

Cheers.

DYelamos

Claire Upham October 17, 2017

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your response. Ah, okay that makes sense. This is a unique business case we have, so I just wanted to explore if it would be possible.

Thank you for time so far.

-Claire

Suggest an answer