Can you specify which resolution to show in a screen

Mathieu Dumoulin November 5, 2014

I built a workflow where the user can either mark is work completed (status) and thus the resolution should be Fixed and another step where the work is canceled/closed (status) and thus the resolution can be many things such as:

• Cannot reproduce
  • Incomplete
  • Won't fix
  • Duplicate
  • Etc. many reasons possible

I'm trying to find a way to configure the screen's resolution field to show only the statuses i want in that precise screen, but i don't think it's possible and i can't find anything anywhere to that effect.

Am i missing something?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 5, 2014

You can use the workflow properties;  jira.field.resolution.include

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Workflow+properties

I've been using it for some time, back to 5.x

1 vote
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2014

In addition to the answer from Joe, "jira.field.resolution.exclude" can also be used.

And if in connection with some transitions only one resolution should be available, consider use a transition view in which the resolution field is not available and you just add the resolution in the post function, edit field, resolution, Fixed (e.g. for the Complete status).

Suggest an answer