Can you show all workflow transition buttons in OnDemand?

Shelley Rueger December 20, 2012

I'd like to be able to show all the workflow transition buttons on an OnDemand instance. Is that possible?

3 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

If I understood you correctly, you just need to make sue the workflow conditions are not there or the conditions are meeting your requirements. A workflow action is shown to the user based on these conditions.

If you mean to show every available action on the page, instead of 'workflow' dropdown, you can't do that in onDemand.

0 votes
Fahd
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 20, 2012

Hi Shelley,

Yes, you can have all available transitions in an issue at a given time to be shown rather than being under "Workflow". Honestly, I don't know if there's any limit but I believed that an issue shouldn't have too many possible transitions. :)

You can raise a support ticket at https://support.atlassian.com for further assistance in configuring this in your instance.

Anyway, this is the documentation for it just for your information - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Changingthenumberoftransitionbuttons

Cheers,

Fahd

0 votes
dleng
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2012

Hi,

I'm not familiar with ondemand instances. However, if you want to "show all available workflow buttons for a particular issue status", the first thing I would check is the transition conditions. You can specify conditions such as "Only users with project role = X can execute this transition", so if a particular transition button isn't showing up for you, make sure the conditions are not blocking it.

Otherwise, it really depends on what outgoing transitions you have in the current status. Obviously you can't show workflow buttons for transitions that are not currently linked to the issue status.

Suggest an answer