Can you run a report that shows your filters are are used in the dashboards?

amy schneider April 2, 2021

Can you run a report that shows which of your filters are used in the dashboards?  I want to know this so that I can delete certain filters and know that they are not impacting dashboards.

2 answers

1 vote
Sudarshan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2021

Hello

None to my knowledge. (you want something like a report /extract of the dashboard and the JQL/filter connection)

Here is my thinking on this:

I understand why you need it, but how many dashboard do you have in a project.? if you have so many then maybe half the time people are working with reports and dashboards.? (just a thought)

if you need so many dashboard or query then you can try looking in atlassian marketplace.?

amy schneider April 2, 2021

We only have a few dashboards but each dashboard has several gadgets. It would be a really good idea to have this type of feature in Jira.

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2021

Hi Amy,

No(t exactly), there isn't an easy report for that. It would be possible to form a SQL statement if this were server/data center. Something like this.

Would you be willing to tell us why you are looking for that? Cheers!

amy schneider April 4, 2021

To learn Jira, I created a number of filters and a number of dashboards for practice in our sandbox. It would be a really good feature to associate/link filters to dashboards.

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 12, 2021

Hi Amy,

You can! All gadgets that appear on a dashboard are backed by a project or filter. Review https://support.atlassian.com/jira-core-cloud/docs/what-is-a-jira-dashboard/ and mind the links on the right. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events