It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can you restrict people from creating a profile in Jira?

Earlier today, I had an employee click on a link to Jira and they were able to create a profile with site access on my instance of Jira. Until today, I was under the impression that unless I invite a particular email address to join Jira, these links were useless to other people. I currently have groups and permissions set up to where these "rouge" users cannot access any of my projects, but I am concerned about the licenses they take up. If 100 users click this link and follow the prompt to create a profile, I will be above my number of available licenses. How do I prevent this?

1 answer

Hey Justin,

I'm quoting the documentation here because that sounds like the invitation URLs available in cloud:

You can share the Invite URLs with your teammates, allowing them to quickly sign up to a specific product. This is useful if you’d like to get a team on-boarded quickly, without having to go though the invitation process.

To send a URL to someone, select the checkbox for either product and copy the URL. After 30 days, the URL expires and a new URL regenerates. Or you can regenerate or turn them off them at any time, rendering the old URL invalid.

Source: Specify how users get site access

So the solution is in the quote as well. Does this answer your question already? :)

Best, Max

Peter DeWitt Community Leader Nov 19, 2019

Justin that Link is the way to go.

I am attempting to get to the Site Access tab. The page is taking forever to load. Once I can confirm this is the fix I will let you know. Thank you. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you