Can you restrict a project permission to only one project?

Valerie Abbott October 20, 2016

Our issue is that I have created a custom permission scheme with groups that are only allowed to see this project (they are external clients).

However when a new project is created our users can create them using the `Create with shared configuration` option, and unknowingly copying the project that has this custom permission scheme. Is there a way of stopping this, or has anyone a safer more reliable way of restricting users and not risking any accidental leaks?

One option we have thought about is just restricting who can create projects to people aware of what is happening, but we want to keep it as open if we can at the moment. 

1 answer

1 vote
Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2016

To manage multiply projects I usually set permision to project roles. So, for different project I can have the same permission scheme, but diferent user with permissions.

Valerie Abbott November 13, 2016

I couldn't get that configuration to suit my needs by easily being able to restrict certain users to just that one project but all staff have normal access to the project. Perhaps there was something I missed while trying to configure it.

Vasiliy Zverev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2016

Perhaps this will help you https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/69164

Suggest an answer