Can you remove the Comment Internally tab in Jira Service desk for certain users?

dclune September 23, 2019

We have Client facing users and internal teams.

The client facing agents who need to consult with the internal teams on queries raised by the client.

We need the Internal teams to liaise privately with the client facing agents on the reply.

Then the Client facing agents reports publicly to the client with the answer.

Can we remove Respond to Customer option for the internal teams (leaving just Comment internally)?

Can we change the reply format for the client facing agents so that they need to actually select either Respond to Customer or Comment internally rather than the system defaulting to Respond to Customer. This could (and has) resulted in comments being sent to the client unintentionally.

Thanks

Declan Clune

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2019

sure. just edit the Comment permissions to include those you want. Project > project settings > permissions > Comment

dclune September 24, 2019

Hi Jack,

Thanks for your reply. 

I see the section that you referred to.

Specifically I am looking to remove the Respond to Customer option for the internal teams (leaving just Comment internally). What should I do in achieve this?

Also is it possible to require the client facing agents to select either Respond to Customer or Comment internally rather than the system defaulting to Respond to Customer. What specifically do i need to do to get this in place?

Many thanks,

Declan

Suggest an answer