Can you recover data from a deleted field?

wMike Dowling August 12, 2016

Hi All, 

I'm wondering if it is possible to recover data stored in a field which was "Deleted". One of our team was asked to to remove certain custom fiends which are legacy / no longer used. Rather than removing the fields from the screen, this person deleted it at the field level. The issue of course now is that data which was stored in this field is still needed for reference. 

So Again, i'm wondering if it is possible to some how recover the data that we previously stored in this field. 

2 answers

1 vote
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2016

I would inspect the database for the values, perhaps they weren't immediately deleted.

Otherwise your only option is to restore the data backup to a staging server, extract the data, and import the data into your production JIRA.

0 votes
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2016

Database backup is the way to go. Custom field data is lost upon deleting the field.

Suggest an answer