Can you please update your documention? Re: Notifications

James Freese April 3, 2014

I'm on the latest and this doesn't apply.

Easy task, need to be able set up customized notifications for different project and different users and I'm not able to do it. Below isn't what I'm seeing, not the first time I'm looking at outdated documentation.

What should be very simple is taking a while, long while. I've stopped looking and watiing for an answer.

Thanks

Associating a notification scheme with a project

1. Log in as a user with the JIRA Administrators global permission.
  2. Choose > Projects.
    (tick) Keyboard shortcut: g + g + start typing projects
  3. At the lower-right of the Project Summary page, locate the Notifications section, click the name of the current scheme (e.g. Default Notification Scheme) or None (if the project is not yet associated with a scheme) to display details of the project's current notification scheme.
  4. Click the Actions dropdown menu and choose Use a different scheme (or Select a scheme).
    Screenshot 4: The Project Notifications page

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 3, 2014

Er, that works for me. On 6.0 I've got on my laptop, and OnDemand, so it's definitely the latest

I would say that it is missing "2.5 - Select the project you want to modify the scheme for", but I think that's pretty obvious as after 2, you're sitting on a list of all the projects.

What are you getting?

James Freese April 8, 2014

Thanks for the help. Today I was able to figure out how the notification schemes attached to projects. All our projects were using one and that wasn't working for us but that's now fixed.

Thanks again

Suggest an answer