Can you please tell me how can I edit resolution of an Issue step by step? The resolution always show "Unresolve".

somnang chan April 18, 2016

2 answers

2 votes
Bhushan Nagaraj
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 18, 2016

Somnang,

What exactly are you trying to do? There are multiple ways to set the resolution, but it is not set at every step. It is generally set at the end of the issue lifecycle to mark as resolved and how it was resolved.

Two ways to set the resolution

1. Provide a screen during transition with the Resolution field
  2. Update the resolution field using an issue Post Function

1 vote
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2016

I think you may have a misunderstanding of the use of the field. It is used in multiple built in filter like 'assigned to me'. When it has a value, any value, the issue won't appear in the filter. In the open vs. resolved report any value in the field will cause it to be counted on the resolved list. By saying you want to edit it step by step, it sounds like you want to use it as a progress indicator. The workflow steps do that naturally. It should ONLY be presented on the transition screen used when you want to count it as done. For me, that is when it is closed. Also, ANY time it is presented on the screen it is required regardless of your field configuration scheme. The only way to clear it is to go through a transition that uses a post function to clear it, which sets it back to NULL. This is done in the out of the box workflow in the reopen step if you'd like to see an example.

Suggest an answer