Can you merge two projects in JIRA and keep all the Sprint Data from Greenhopper?

motherg April 1, 2013

Morning all,

We've been evaluating Greenhopper and have decided to go with - during the evaluation we created a seperate project (with a name and project key relevant to it being an evaluation) and imported issues from our Pivotal Tracker project.

Anyway - we're going ahead with it now and I want to import the data from this evaluation project in to our proper project. I know I can move the issues using a Bulk Update but what about migrating the sprint details and versions? I can't see a way to merge projects anywhere.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2013

Hi there

I guess currently is not possible. However, there is already an improvement request raised regarding on this: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-28748

I would strongly suggest that you vote on this issue to increase its popularity and add it to your watchlist for future update.

Hope it helps

Cheers :)

motherg April 1, 2013

Voted - bit og a bugger as you can't change the project code after it is created...ho hum, I'll import the old project in to the new one and change the project name then for the time being.

Suggest an answer