Can you make an workflow step conditional based on a validator?

David Witherspoon May 23, 2012

I have downloaded the JIRA suite utilities to enable a validator that makes fixVersion required only at the Close Issue transition but am trying to figure out how to extend that (in the basic JIRA workflow) to also use a condition that will only require it if the issue is coming from an in progress or resolved state. Currently it requires a fixVersion even if you close as "won't fix". Anyone have experience that can help me?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2012

Hi David,

Another approach will be to use that plugin and the Jira Misc Workflow Extensions. This one has a condition called 'Previous Status Validator' and then mix it with the 'Value Field' condition from the Jira Suite Utilities.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 23, 2012

Other possibility would be to create a little script with the Groovy Script Runner. I'm not pretty sure what code would be the best to achieve this, but I'm sure it would even better.

0 votes
David Witherspoon June 18, 2012

My bad for not closing this. Thanks Ramiro.

Suggest an answer