Can you link / attach a live PDF document in Issue to incorporate digital signature updates?

Piers Campbell August 10, 2022

I have set up a workflow with Issues to incorporate payment processing.  The drawback is I can only attach the original PDF, so as the payment is worked and authorised the PDF does not show the updates to the file ie. digital signatures.  Is there a way to hyperlink to live file in our local server to show live status of the PDF?

1 answer

0 votes
Adnan Ali August 12, 2022
  1. Open the PDF document or form that you want to sign.
  2. Click the Sign icon in the toolbar. ...
  3. The Fill & Sign tool is displayed. ...
  4. The form fields are detected automatically. ...
  5. Click the Sign icon in the toolbar, and then choose whether you want to add your signature or just initials.
Piers Campbell October 14, 2022

Hi Adnan,

Many thanks for the tip, unfortunately this is regarding applying the digital signatures to the PDF, which we are ok with as a team and do this regularly. 

It's more a case of how to ensure the attached pdf remains 'live' as the issue is worked & digital signatures can be added using the attachment link in Jira/Confluence.  ie. So the original 'linked' pdf remains live/active and is not just to the original version.  In testing I've found that it is only the original unsigned pdf attachment which opens via the attachment 'link' in the Issue...users cannot open pdf and sign in associated application eg Kofax Power PDF Advanced or Adobe Acrobat for example.  Is there a way to be able to open attachments with the relevant application so the user can modify the attachment?  In this case to sign the PDF?

Suggest an answer