Can you limit the prepopulated content of a field to a specific project?

motherg April 2, 2015

Hi there,

In my instance of JIRA there's a custom field called "Acceptance Criteria" - it's been pre-populated with:

• Given...
  • When...
  • Then...

Clearly that's nonsense as that's not acceptance criteria, it's BDD scenarios. Why they are being written in JIRA is beyond me, should just be in a feature file, but what are you going to do eh?

Anyway, this field is shared amongst 16 field schemes which are used by as many projects, if not more.

I want to remove the pre-population from that field but I only want that to affect my project to avoid treading on peoples toes.

Is it possible?

2 answers

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 2, 2015

Hi.

I advise you to check 2 things:

1. If it's a post function setting the value.
  2. Check the custom field's configuration. It may be it's default value.

I hope it was helpful.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
Udo Brand
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2015

I guess if you would use a different context of that field for your and the other projects you can achieve this.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA062/Configuring+a+Custom+Field#ConfiguringaCustomField-contextContext

Suggest an answer