Can you import from csv the Estimatation Statistic?

George Cains May 10, 2016

Hi,

We would like to import all the sprint tasks into the board prior to our sprint planning meeting from a excel/csv file. 

I am having problems importing the Estimated Statistic. Can this be done?

2 answers

0 votes
George Cains May 12, 2016

Thanks Geoff. Makes sense. I only have the option to import "Time estimate" not remaining estimate, if I could I could use the remaining estimate as the starting value. 

I will keep trying to figure it out and let you know. 

0 votes
Geoff Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 12, 2016

Since the Estimated / Remaining statistics are calculated by the Estimated Effort and Remaining Effort time tracking fields, I'd believe that you could reimport with these values in CSV columns "Original Estimate" and "Remaining Estimate".  Remember also then that sub-task hours get added to the parent value so you may need to take that into account as other CSV rows. 

NOTE: when exporting an issue that has these values, what is seen in the board as a total Estimate of 4w for a parent issue with subtasks, when exported to CSV i see "576000". I'm not sure what units these are in, but if determined then i'd assume we could reimport that and get the right value

Suggest an answer