Can you import a contact list to JIRA Service Desk?

Laura Ventulieri November 4, 2015

We'd like to be able to associate a Contact to a service request so that it is easy to track who should be contacted for each request. Is it possible to import a list of Contacts to be accessed from Service Desk? Also is it possible to add a custom field to the Customer Portal Request in which we could enter/autocomplete the contact for whom the request is being created?

We don't want to create a JIRA user for each one of these contacts, as they won't actually be using Service Desk.

Thanks for your help!

1 answer

0 votes
Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 20, 2015

Hi Laura,

If you're using JIRA Service Desk on Cloud, we've created an add-on which might solve this problem for you. The add-on allows you to create Companies and Contacts and associate them to an issue. When you've opened the issue, you can use autocomplete or a dropdown to choose the contact you want to associate the issue with.

Additionally, you can store information about the contact in the add-on and view all issues that are associated to the contact in one list. You don't have to create JIRA users to associate them, which saves you a lot of trouble. 

Unfortunately, we don't have the option to import contacts yet. But creating a contact is as simple as typing a name.

You can find the add-on here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/nl.avisi.jira.plugins.relations-for-jira 
If you have any questions or need any help to set things up, let me know!

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2016

I saw some people found our add-on through this question, so I thought I would give a small update. Many things have changed and the add-on has grown a lot. One interesting change regarding this question is that it is now possible to import companies and contacts.

You can find more information in the documentation: http://addons.avisi.com/relations-for-jira/documentation/

Thomas Grimaud September 2, 2016

For me something is missing, we should be able to directly enter the company and/or contact in the create issue screen, which is not possible.
You have to create the ticket, then open it to enter those informaiton. 

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 2, 2016

You're right Thomas, that is a bit of a hassle. But we are working on a solution that will allow you to enter the company and contact on issue creation. We are currently waiting for Atlassian to release a few necessary elements and then we will update this part of the add-on.

If you would like me to send you an update once we have updated the add-on, you can either send me an email at addons@avisi.nl or open an issue in our Service Desk: https://avisi-support.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/10.

Suggest an answer