Can you import a 2nd External System Import' using CSV without impacting the existing data?

Shane Poole January 22, 2014

I have an exisiting project in JIRA with data (issues) that are being progressed through JIRA Agile (we are on Sprint 4) and I need to import additional issues from a CSV, can this be done without impacting the existing data in the system?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2014

Importing issues from CSV shouldn't affect existing data. You might have to do additional configuration like new fields, statuses etc which will have an impact on the system but nothing to be worried about if you know what you are doing.

I suggest you test it first in a test environment.

Shane Poole January 23, 2014

Thanks Jobin, can you confirm if you have or someone you know has completed this operation before?

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2014

Hi Shane,

I've imported quiet a heavy load of data (10000 issues) into a system once without it having any effect on my existing data.

Jobin says it all : test it in a test environment first.

Best regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer