Can you help how to add values to a custom field of type select list

suryavani bhallamudi August 9, 2012

I have a select list of type Location for which i need to add around 40 values. Can u tell me a best way to add the values.

4 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2012

Er, this is a little unclear. Could you tell us whether you are

1) Trying to add values to the select list options

2) Trying to add values to the customfield on a set of issues

0 votes
suryavani bhallamudi August 9, 2012

Can any one give me an example of jelly script for adding value to custom field i tried but getting error AddCustomFieldValue must be inside a CreateIssue or a TransitionWorkflow tag

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2012

For 40 values, it is easier to type them in because you will have to do it somewhere even with a script ;)

Watch the olympic highlights in a gadget nearby, to ease the pain!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2012

Very true, I wouldn't bother scripting anything for less than 50 items, it's probably quicker to type.

(As for the Olympics, noooooooo. But I work for a broadcaster at the moment...)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 9, 2012

I'd do it with a quick Jelly script probably. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Tags

Goran Rasic September 11, 2013

Nic, would you be so kind and share your script .. especially the portion where you set the custom field value via jelly .. this would be awesome ..

Suggest an answer