Can you help how to add values to a custom field of type select list

I have a select list of type Location for which i need to add around 40 values. Can u tell me a best way to add the values.

4 answers

0 votes

I'd do it with a quick Jelly script probably. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Tags

Nic, would you be so kind and share your script .. especially the portion where you set the custom field value via jelly .. this would be awesome ..

0 votes

For 40 values, it is easier to type them in because you will have to do it somewhere even with a script ;)

Watch the olympic highlights in a gadget nearby, to ease the pain!

Very true, I wouldn't bother scripting anything for less than 50 items, it's probably quicker to type.

(As for the Olympics, noooooooo. But I work for a broadcaster at the moment...)

Can any one give me an example of jelly script for adding value to custom field i tried but getting error AddCustomFieldValue must be inside a CreateIssue or a TransitionWorkflow tag

0 votes

Er, this is a little unclear. Could you tell us whether you are

1) Trying to add values to the select list options

2) Trying to add values to the customfield on a set of issues

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

21,267 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you