Can you export reports from jira Cloud?

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2018

There doesn't seem to be an option to export a built in report in jira cloud and all the plugins i have come across either indicate you can only export the jira issues, then you need to build the report in another tool or plugin?  

Is this really the case? Or does anyone have a plugin they can recommend that will allow to export the built in reports, preferably to pdf.  

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Scott Theus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2018

Hi Julian, 

I believe the closest you can get will be with Xporter, have you tried that one yet? Beyond that I've always either exported to a CSV file or printed the report to PDF from the browser.

-Scott

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2018

Agree with Scott, csv will you give you the data, and pdf will give you the visual.

You can take the csv data and also make charts with excel or a similar program. 

I would highly recommend a reporting add-on though like All-in-one reports. 

Julian Governale
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 27, 2018

Thank you both Scott and meg, these looks like it could work for us! Much appreciated for the information!

it January 27, 2020

is there only a paid option to export reports?

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

@it  

Both the CSV and PDF options are native to the product. No additional cost for those features. 

Like it likes this
it January 28, 2020

where can I find these options in Jira? I want to export 'burndown chart' for example

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2020

You'd need a pdf handler on your computer to do the following, but use the print command in your browser and 'print to pdf' or 'save as pdf'. You may need to change the scaling options to get the full picture. 

You won't be able to get a csv though of the sprint reports as far as I'm aware. 

3 votes
Levente Szabo _Midori_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 13, 2019

Hi @Julian Governale ,

Depending on the report type (examples here), you can also make Jira PDF reporting possible with Better PDF Exporter for Jira Cloud

Suggest an answer