Can you customize issue type icons/avatars?

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2013

We have many of our users complain about the icons/avatars available for issue types. They would like to have just something simple like a box with an S in it for STORY, a box with an E in it for EPIC etc. Is there a way to customize/upload a design to use?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2013

Upload - no, you have to add new icons to the Jira installation by putting files inside it and restarting.

Using others without that fiddle is easy though - find a publically available image and put in the URL for it into the image selection box. (Or one within your network. One of my broadcast media clients pulls almost all of their status and issue type images in from their public standardised image repository, so that when their arty types change the look and feel of the brand, the internal stuff automatically)

JanaW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 4, 2013

Thank you! I will try that.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 30, 2015

It would be nice if these would not be part of the distribution and be part of the configuration, so they would not be override on upgrades.

2 votes
Patrick Little October 25, 2017

I don't know when it was added, but it is a basic feature now.

Suggest an answer