Can you create sub-queues?

Joshua Munoz September 19, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Making queues for your service desk teams

It looks like it's not possible, but is can I make sub-queues inside other queues?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2016

No but you can use combination of JQL and queue naming & ordering to give the impression they are sub-queues. For example:

image2016-9-20 13:12:53.png

gbh2930 January 4, 2018

What are the instructions for how to achieve that sub-queue indentation effect?

Eleanor Hart July 20, 2018

I have this question too!

Eleanor Hart July 20, 2018

Figured it out! It's literally just copy and paste the arrow symbol ↳ or apparently you can use unicode for the arrow symbol (U+2183). I hope this helps someone :D

Like # people like this
Cengiz Akyildiz July 23, 2018

The arrow symbol ↳ make sense also using this free add-on, I wonder if previous reply points out that 

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214767/queue-collapse-for-jira-service-desk?hosting=server&tab=overview

I like the way it helps you to organize your queues visually and have nested collapsible queues. The only thing you should not forget, you need to set your filter for each queue individually (does not inherit any jql filter from the parent queue). 

Laura Ainsworth (UK) September 16, 2019

Hi, 

I have downloaded the add on that you have suggested but I am unable to get it to work. There is a link to the documentation, which I believe would help, but the link is broken and takes me to a page not found error message. Do you happen to know how I set this up?

Fabian A. Lopez (Community Leader - Argentina, Florida, California)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2019

that app is free and sometimes it is not supported. I have the same issue.

I found another app that could help managing the queue but it is not free.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216386/queues-for-jira-service-desk?hosting=server&tab=overview

Like Capi [resolution] likes this
0 votes
dilipabegune April 25, 2022

Such a minor function. cmon Atlassian ...

Suggest an answer