Can you create ability for Sub-Task on the Beta Agility Projects?

Jason Purl November 28, 2017

By allowing sub-tasks this help drive dependencies.  Especially when I am syncing with SmartSheet, I need to be able to visualize those dependencies. For example we need to build a database before we can build the functional UI.

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Eoin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2019
2 votes
Rodolfo Marrero October 10, 2018

Any updates on this?

1 vote
Erika Sa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 2, 2018

Hi Jason,

Agility project in beta currently doesn't support subtask. You can still visualise dependency in the issue by using 'linked issue'.

Screen Shot 2018-05-03 at 8.19.51 am.png

Please see if linked issues can be visualised with SmartSheet integration. If not, please give us more information on your use case, so we can take it into account when introducing subtask in the future.

GT July 2, 2018

Agility project in beta currently doesn't support subtask.

Is there any intention to add such support?

I would like to use Jira to manage personal To-Dos so that I am using a single tool for everything I am working on. A private "agility" project gives the appearance of being a suitable tool for the job, but without subtasks it's next to useless.

The suggested alternative doesn't cut the mustard either.

Ting _Chiou Ting Teh_
Atlassian Team
October 23, 2018

Hey Gerard,

You can find the feature request here:

0 votes
Kate Conrick December 11, 2018

Linked issues don't give us a clear and hierarchical view of the tasks required to complete a story.

While different teams will take different approaches to using Epics, Stories, Tasks, Sub-tasks, Bugs, etc, there is no reason to restrict them from using all available issue types to flexibly configure a workflow that works for them.

Why limit and restrict functionality that is available on other types of projects?

Please enable sub-task issue types for Agility boards. 

0 votes
Chintamani Umarani October 16, 2018

Please add sub-tasks to Agility board.

Suggest an answer