Can you create a custom drop down selection based on the selected value of another drop down?

Kelly Genova January 30, 2020

If I have 2 custom drop downs, 1 for "category" and the other for "sub-category". Can I have the selection options of "sub-category" be based upon what was the selected option within "category". So if for example my category is "Project ABC" the valid selection options for sub-category should not be "ModuleGGG", "Module "JJJ" and "Module SSS". But if my cateogry is "Project DEF", the valid selection options would be "Module TTT", "Module "VVV. 

Note using JIRA Server version v7.13. 

And is there a way to do this without purchasing a plug-in?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

Hello @Kelly Genova 

Did you check the select list (cascading) cutom field. You can have a parentoption and childoption. But the values are static.

Hope this helps

Kelly Genova January 30, 2020

I do not see that option. Can you tell me where I might find that? I should mention I am using version v7.13. 

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2020

go to the panel administration, click on "issue">custom field>add custom field (selecting list (cascading)

selectinglist.png

Like Nic Brough -Adaptavist- likes this
Kelly Genova February 7, 2020

Perfect! Many thanks Mohamed.

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 7, 2020

Im glad i could help. Feel free to accept the answer to mark the question as solved.

Suggest an answer