Can you create Jira tickets from LibreNMS?

We are using LibreNMS networking monitoring system and would like to create tickets in Jira via the API transport in LibreNMS.  If anyone has an experience with this it, could you share it?

2 answers

0 votes

If the LibreNMS can generate email or REST calls, then yes, it can easily create JIRA issues.

Thank you for your reply.  

One more question, would you be able to tell me if JIRA service desk supports GET calls to create tickets, or if it requires POST through the REST API.

It only implements POST at the moment.  I doubt it will ever do GET, because the intention of a GET is "read" and POST is for "write"

You made sure you don’t have mandatory fields in the Issue create screen other than summary and description didn’t you?

Can you also check access logs under $JIRA_HOME/logs/ to see if see anything from LibreNMS IP.

Any other port shouldn’t matter as long as you write is as http://JIRA_HOST:8080

Also you don’t need to wait for any alerts, you can just click Test Transport button to see if it works.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Monday in Jira Software

Implementing Jira in Small Business

Introduction This article will give insight on how a small software development department implemented Atlassian products to enhance and streamline the business process. The privately held company h...

313 views 2 8
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you