Can you convert a Zephyr test issue type to a problem or bug type making the user enter the step and expected result

Mike Kirby December 13, 2012

I am a QA Manager and my company just purchased Zephyr for JIRA. What we would like to do is to take the test issue type, which has the step and expected result after issue creation, and create a new bug type with the same features where the reporter of an issue must enter the step and expected result. Thus, getting the initial steps to reproduce issues and a test case in one step. I complete access, and tried to add the Zephyr test step to a new bug type but they never appeared. Wanted to see if there is something I am missing. I was able to add text boxes, and other field types. So I know that the steps were correct..

1 answer

0 votes
Chris Miller
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2012

This is a dupe of https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/115520/convert-or-copy-zephyr-test-type-to-a-new-issue-type-of-bug-with-the-step-and-expected-result

I've answered the question there. Also note, the tag of JIRA OnDemand can't be accurate here as ZFJ isn't supported in JIRA OnDemand.

Suggest an answer