• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Can you convert a Zephyr test issue type to a problem or bug type making the user enter the step and expected result

Can you convert a Zephyr test issue type to a problem or bug type making the user enter the step and expected result

I am a QA Manager and my company just purchased Zephyr for JIRA. What we would like to do is to take the test issue type, which has the step and expected result after issue creation, and create a new bug type with the same features where the reporter of an issue must enter the step and expected result. Thus, getting the initial steps to reproduce issues and a test case in one step. I complete access, and tried to add the Zephyr test step to a new bug type but they never appeared. Wanted to see if there is something I am missing. I was able to add text boxes, and other field types. So I know that the steps were correct..

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

This is a dupe of https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/115520/convert-or-copy-zephyr-test-type-to-a-new-issue-type-of-bug-with-the-step-and-expected-result

I've answered the question there. Also note, the tag of JIRA OnDemand can't be accurate here as ZFJ isn't supported in JIRA OnDemand.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted 18 hours ago in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

45 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you