Can you control the font size of List View in the Issue Navigator?

Troy Johnson July 2, 2014

We recently upgraded to JIRA 6.2. We love the new ability to choose between List View and Detail view. However, now when we go to List View, the font size used in the Summary column is very small (see attached image) and different than the font used in the other columns. Is there a way to modify the font size for this specific column so that it matches the rest of the fonts? Can an individual modify the font for his instance without "zooming" the browser?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mallmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 28, 2014

Hello Troy,

I'm afraid there's no option to change the font size inside JIRA. However, I was able to find another answer thread about it, and they posted a CSS to change the whole application font size:

If you want a quick dirty hack to do this, add the following into the Announcement Banner section (in JIRA Administration):

<style>
body#jira {
  font-size: 15px; // or similar
}
</style>

Please, have a look on the thread for further details: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/28105/font-size-in-jira-changing-in-css

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Eduardo Mallmann

Atlassian Support

Troy Johnson August 4, 2014

Certainly this is not the answer I had hoped for but I can appreciate that there is no option. I just think it is odd that the summary field would have a completely different font size that all of the rest f the fields in the list. Oh well. Hopefully it will get corrected in a future version. At this point, it is too small for some people to read and zooming in loses too much realestate.

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

A javascript code can be added in the announcement banner to let users resize the font size.

Troy Johnson August 4, 2014

Is this any different than the post above?

Suggest an answer