Can you change working days in Jira Next-Gen projects?

Victor Burgos May 29, 2019

I am at a loss. I can't seem to find any settings that would allow me to do so. I am in game development with remote workers. We all work our own hours, and sometimes 7 days a week.

As such, I need my working days to be 7 days instead of the default 5. the current solutions online point to old Jira, not Next-Gen Jira solutions. 

Right now my Active Sprints are giving everyone the wrong info.

3 answers

3 votes
Melissa Kaiser May 29, 2019

JIRA is assuming a LOT about how we work and the hours we work per day. This new JIRA display is a hot mess.

Victor Burgos May 31, 2019

That sucks ;( I might have to go back to HackNPlan  https://hacknplan.com/

This was looking to be a pretty nice and extendable alternative to HnP. HnP is definitely more expensive as you get more and more people on a project (for Studio level stuff anyway)

I came to Jira for features and Price... I wanted to try Next-Gen because....well it's called "Next-Gen" ... it feels more like "Old-Gen" with all these gimps.

0 votes
Rhys Hill June 23, 2020

I believe i found a work around for this that’s working for my organisation 

install “clockwork free”

set the 5 day working week in the clockwork settings 

you can control what projects use clockwork’s settings so if you disable clockwork for one project it uses a 7 day week but if you enable it Jira uses the setting within clockwork free.

if i haven’t been clear enough please let me know and I’ll take some screens shots 

0 votes
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2019

Hello @Victor Burgos ,

I think you cannot change that only for next-gen project, you need to do the change for all projects, and that might be affecting other projects maybe, where other people are working only Monday to Friday, but if not, you can change the working days form Monday to Sunday.

If you have admin permissions you can do that by going to Tempo -> Settings -> Workload (Working days). workdays.pngOr maybe the problem is the number of maximum hours per day per user:

Same form Tempo -> Settings -> Configuration-Logging time. 

I also had some problems with my team tempo, and this helped me solve the issue.

Good luck

Victor Burgos May 31, 2019

tempo seems like an add-on to Jira? I can't seem to find any reference to "Tempo" in any of my settings. And yes, I am admin. 

Like sdasgupta likes this
elenushhh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 3, 2019

@Victor Burgos  yes, we have Tempo Timesheet and maybe that's why we can manage the work and the time spent differently.

sdasgupta February 10, 2020

I also do not use Tempo. Any word on how to change working days without using Tempo?

102_Miguel January 29, 2021

Could it be that Jira is leaving so many loose ends to force customers to pay for subscriptions to its applications?

Emil Moe September 23, 2021

Sound like a stupid plan then, I want a product that works, not having to install 1000 "bugfixes". That's old-school logic.

Suggest an answer