Can you change the status of an issue from Create Issue Screen?

Philliping August 5, 2013

At times when inputting an issue into JIRA the issue has already been put into progress in actuallity, but when putting it into JIRA it defaults to Open. I am aware that I can create a wokflow where the default status is not Open, but is it possible to change the status of an issue from the Create Issue Screen via a custom field or something along those lines? Or even just haveing the option to put the issue into the 'In Progress' state from the Create Issue Screen?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

Although I have never tried it (what you want to accomplish) you could take a closer look at Jamie's script runner:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner

The script-runner has a built-in script to fast-track issues based on conditions:

• Fast-tracking an issue through another action if a condition is true. Using this you can effectively have multiple start states for a workflow, with the initial state depending on, for example severity, reporter, or whatever

I'm not sure if it work at issue creation but you might want to give it a try.

Cheers

Christian

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013
0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2013

Not directly but ...

You can create a custom field, and use a customized workflow with a postfunction that executes a transition only if the customfield above has value = XX. It's a bit tricky, but this should work.

HTH

Suggest an answer