Can you change the status of an issue based upon the issue type?

I have 3 boards in one project and if a bug I want to go to one board, if a story I'd want to go to another board.  Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

The JIRA Boards will show issues what it is configured to show. So you just have to update the "Query" that is being used by your board.

• Board 1 - will have a Filter Query of "Project = ABC and issuetype = STORY"
  • Board 2 - "Project = ABC and issuetype = TASK"
  • So on..

Try that smile

Ok thanks.  Are there any other suggestions on how I would do this?  There's only one create button, and right now it falls to To Do which then will split off into either board based off critera.  I thought post function would be my way but I couldn't find anything in there to do so.  I don't want the Business Requests to show in the support board.  I'm open to suggestions!

Just configure your board. Click on "Board > Configure" then edit the "Saved Filter for this board. Just create 3 different saved filters with different issue types then use them accordingly with each of your 3 boards.

Bear in mind that boards are views of underlying data.  Issues do not move between boards.  For each issue, it's either selected by the board, or it is not. 

To make it look like things are "moving between boards", you would need to set up boards that are based on inclusion criteria.  For example, if you have a field called "Penguin" with options "Tux", "Mr Flibble" and "Pingu", you could set up two boards:
1: Penguin = "Mr Flibble"

2: Penguin != "Mr Flibble"
Then, when you change the value of Penguin to Tux or Pingu, it will "move" to board 2, and when you change it to "Mr Flibble", it will "move" to board 1.

0 vote
Mahesh S Community Champion Jun 10, 2016

I think No is the answer. We can do it easily via Fast transition an issue option from script runner. But, I believe you wont have this plugin being a JIRA cloud user. 

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Sunday in Agility

You asked for it, so we delivered: images on issues have arrived

A picture tells a thousand words. And agility boards have just released their latest feature: cover images on issues – so now your board can tell a story at first glance. Upload attachmen...

1,014 views 3 12
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you