Can you change the status of an issue based upon the issue type?

Laurie Rzepka June 10, 2016

I have 3 boards in one project and if a bug I want to go to one board, if a story I'd want to go to another board.  Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

The JIRA Boards will show issues what it is configured to show. So you just have to update the "Query" that is being used by your board.

• Board 1 - will have a Filter Query of "Project = ABC and issuetype = STORY"
  • Board 2 - "Project = ABC and issuetype = TASK"
  • So on..

Try that smile

Laurie Rzepka June 10, 2016

Ok thanks.  Are there any other suggestions on how I would do this?  There's only one create button, and right now it falls to To Do which then will split off into either board based off critera.  I thought post function would be my way but I couldn't find anything in there to do so.  I don't want the Business Requests to show in the support board.  I'm open to suggestions!

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2016

Just configure your board. Click on "Board > Configure" then edit the "Saved Filter for this board. Just create 3 different saved filters with different issue types then use them accordingly with each of your 3 boards.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 10, 2016

Bear in mind that boards are views of underlying data.  Issues do not move between boards.  For each issue, it's either selected by the board, or it is not. 

To make it look like things are "moving between boards", you would need to set up boards that are based on inclusion criteria.  For example, if you have a field called "Penguin" with options "Tux", "Mr Flibble" and "Pingu", you could set up two boards:
1: Penguin = "Mr Flibble"

2: Penguin != "Mr Flibble"
Then, when you change the value of Penguin to Tux or Pingu, it will "move" to board 2, and when you change it to "Mr Flibble", it will "move" to board 1.

0 votes
Mahesh S
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2016

I think No is the answer. We can do it easily via Fast transition an issue option from script runner. But, I believe you wont have this plugin being a JIRA cloud user. 

Suggest an answer