Can you change the "reporter" of a work entry?

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013

I know that I can change the reporter of an issue in JIRA, and I'd like to know if there's a way to do the same with a time entry. One use case is that someone is unable to enter time into JIRA because they're working remotely.

As a JIRA admin, can I log that time into JIRA on his or her behalf? If not, does anyone know of a plugin that might be able to extend JIRA so that it is possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 30, 2013

in case anyone wishes to vote up this being part of JIRA's core functionality, go here.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-11735

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2013

Hi Tanner, in the Tempo Plugin if you are the administrator of this user hours you can log hours on his behalf. I usually do this when the team administrator needs to fix some hours that have been incorrectly logged (almost every single day). But this plugin it's more complex than only that.

Here it is the URL: www.tempoplugin.com

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2013

i suppose i should have mentioned i'm looking for a *free* plugin in my initial question. ;) we do have the timesheet add on so i might request an enhancement to the author.

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 30, 2013

We are looking for those ;) I'm not familiar if there's any other plugin where you can do that, but asking Timesheet Author could be a great option.

Suggest an answer