Can you change Jira operation bar button width?

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2012

Hi,

I recently read here how to add additional operation bar buttons via 'ops.bar.group.size.opsbar-transitions' -- this is great. However, sometimes the name of the workflow transition is longer than the width of the operation bar button.

Ideally, I'd like the buttons' width to dynamically change based on length of text.. or failing that, a way to change default width of button.

Lastly, does the operations bar have any wrap-around functionality? It would be nice that if you had too many tabs, that it just made a second column of buttons, as opposed to throwing everything into a worfklow bucket.

Tips appreciated.

-- by the way, I have had difficulty finding a list of all the properties that can be modified in jira-config.properties. My jira is a newer install, and didn't come with this file. I have read several posts asking for an example file to look at. Any reason why that is so hard to produce/find? Seems like a documentation flaw imho.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Immanuel Siagian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Hi Bryan,

Unfotunately, there is no easy way to configure the width of a transition button. However, you may modify the JIRA source code and modify the limit of the number of characters to display. Do note that modifying the source code will require you to create a patch. For more info, you can refer to this JAC ticket:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-26746?focusedCommentId=290105&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-290105

Cheers

Suggest an answer