Can you be added as a watcher on a subtask if you are a watcher on a task?

Watching a task; subtasks are created - I want to also be a watcher on those subtasks (automatically) 

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hey @Jason Warfe,

Like Mikael said, one option I'd recommend is using Power Scripts, which can automatically add you as a watcher on all subtasks related to a task.

We've actually put together a quick 10 min video tutorial that walks through all the steps you need to take to set this up. And we've also included the sample code we used, so you can just copy and paste it to test for yourself.

Hope this helps!

Johnson

This widget could not be displayed.
Mikael Sandberg Community Champion Nov 17, 2017

You would need to script it as a post function with ScriptRunner or Power Scripts (Server only).

Thank you for the quick response @Mikael Sandberg!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

112 views 2 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you