Can you automatically create a confluence workspace from a Jira (download) project?

Ash January 28, 2013

I understand that Jira on-demand creates a confluence workspace automatically - can the same functionality be replicated with the download version?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2013

This can be achieved by creating a service which will check for number of projects and if a new project is found it will create a space in Confluence .

I had done this using script runner plugin and wrote a groovy service .

Ash January 28, 2013

Hi Mizan, many thanks for the advise. I'll have pass this info onto my developers and get them to look at this.

Cheers - Ash

Ash February 14, 2013

Hi Mizan - do you have an example script which you can share, so that I can pass this onto my dev team - much appreciated.

Cheers

Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013
import org.swift.common.soap.confluence.ConfluenceSoapServiceServiceLocator
import org.swift.common.soap.confluence.RemoteSpace

def locator = new ConfluenceSoapServiceServiceLocator()
def service = locator.getConfluenceserviceV2(new URL("http://localhost:8090/confluence/rpc/soap-axis/confluenceservice-v1"))
def token = service.login("admin", "admin")

def page = new RemoteSpace (
	key:"fr",
        name:"First",
        url:false,
        homePage:2523142,
        description:"this is a space automatically created via Jira "

)
service.addSpace(token, page)

Ash February 14, 2013

Many thanks Mizan

Arianna Fabbri October 3, 2014

Hi Mizan, I have created a similar script and tried to execute it from script console in Jira (my goal is to create a NEW confluence page, related to an existing space, when a NEW issue is created) but I get an error on ConfluenceSoapServiceServiceLocator Import. Is it executable from script console? And, if not, from where can I execute and debug it? How do I have to configure Jira and Confluence in order to get this code working? Is there a required setting to do before executing the script? Many thanks in advance for your help Arianna

Suggest an answer