Can you assign more workflows in 1 project so that certain types have certain workflows?

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

Hi,

I'm experimenting with workflows. We could really use a new one for a certain project.

But, that workflow is only for the type Change. I don't need this for the type Request.

Is it possible, and if so how, to have more workflows assigned to a Project and where can you assign it to the specific type?

Thank you in advance!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2015
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2015

Hi Vera,

Yes, you can. You only have associate your specific workflow to "Change" issue type in the "Workflow Scheme" used by your project.

Surely you will need to create a new Workflow Scheme to be used only by that particular project.

Regards,

Fidel

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 20, 2015

Hi,

Yes, found it! That worked indeed.
I was confused because it also said "all unassigned issue types" and I couldn't delete it. But indeed, adding another and associating it with the other types, that worked!types.JPG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2015

Yes, it would be nice if the language was clearer - "all unassigned issue types" is fine for me, but you're not the first person I've spoken to who doesn't understand it until someone says "that means a default, if you don't set the others" or they try it and work it out.

Suggest an answer