It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Can you archive cards? Edited

We're still new to Jira so I'm trying to figure out if we're able to do some of the functions we were able to do in trello. 

When we're done with an issue and we want it off the kanban board can we move it somewhere/archive it? 

In trello you can archive it - removing from board but it's still saved somewhere - does Jira have something similar? 

If there's no archiving is it possible to create another board within our project with all our archived issues?

1 answer

Hi @Hannah Bauhof 

Issues in boards are visible based on filter query and workflow statuses mapped under board columns. If you want to archive the issues in 'Done' status, you can just remove the Done status from the boards columns configuration so that no issues under the status will be displayed.

Board sub filter can also be used to archive issues, eg, all those issues mapped under released versions can be removed from the board by below query applied

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY

Okay I'm play around with it but i think i figured it out. Thank you

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted in Jira

Demo Den Ep. 7: New Jira Cloud Reports

Learn how to use two new reports for next-gen projects in Jira Cloud:  Cumulative flow diagram and Sprint burndown chart. Ivan Teong, Product Manager, Jira Software, demos the Cumulative ...

308 views 1 3
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you