Can you archive cards?

Hannah Bauhof October 3, 2019

We're still new to Jira so I'm trying to figure out if we're able to do some of the functions we were able to do in trello. 

When we're done with an issue and we want it off the kanban board can we move it somewhere/archive it? 

In trello you can archive it - removing from board but it's still saved somewhere - does Jira have something similar? 

If there's no archiving is it possible to create another board within our project with all our archived issues?

1 answer

1 vote
Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2019

Hi @Hannah Bauhof 

Issues in boards are visible based on filter query and workflow statuses mapped under board columns. If you want to archive the issues in 'Done' status, you can just remove the Done status from the boards columns configuration so that no issues under the status will be displayed.

Board sub filter can also be used to archive issues, eg, all those issues mapped under released versions can be removed from the board by below query applied

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY

Hannah Bauhof October 3, 2019

Okay I'm play around with it but i think i figured it out. Thank you

Suggest an answer