Can you add more to "issueFunction in commented("by username")" ?

Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

Hello,

I use this JQL as a filter. It shows all results. I don't want to see Closed issues. I can't figure out how to add JQL like "AND resolution is not CLOSED" to make it work.

I was wondering: is it even possible? And if so: what to add then?

Hope to hear from you soon!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2014

You've almost answered your own question.  In the JQL box, write

issueFunction in commented("by username") and resolution != Closed

the "and" joins the two clauses together, they're independent of each other.

Although, you might not be using the resolution correctly - JIRA considers any issue with a resolution set to any value to be closed, and "closed" is not one of the default resolutions (you may have added it to your list?).  So your query will only exclude issues that specifically have "closed" as a resolution, and will still include closed issues with resolutions like "fixed", "duplicate" and so on.  I suspect what you might want is actually 

resolution = unresolved

or 

resolution is empty

0 votes
Vera Henrichs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 13, 2014

Hello,

Indeed, Resolution can be combined with Done and Status with Closed.

Hahaha, I really thought I had tried that and that JIRA says it only can be used with EMPTY. Hence the question smile

So, thank you, it works!

Suggest an answer