Can you add a personal task in a comment field?

Ben Kopf May 30, 2014

I want to be able to use "Insert Task" or [ ] to be able to add tasks to my personal task list as they arise in various comments. Is there a way to do this? Thx

6 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Ben Kopf June 1, 2014

Yes, thanks for responding. I just want to be able to enter my personal tasks into the new Task page without having to create them on a separate page. It's frustrating that I can't just type up a simple task on the Task list. Ben

2 votes
Answer accepted
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2018

Hi everyone, 

I came across this question while searching a more recent one, and I just wanted to mention this feature request:

It's not clear if you saw this, but it is worth watching and voting on to help show the number of users would would like this feature.

Regards,

Shannon

4 votes
Regis Bondidier June 26, 2014

Is this feature in the Confluence roadmap? It would be create to assign tasks directly from the comments.

1 vote
Irina_Bel_Stiltsoft_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 12, 2023

Hi everyone,

This post seems like water under the bridge, but I would love to mention a solution that addresses this case for those who come across this discussion. 

With the idea in mind that certain discussions end up in tasks, we released a new feature in the Talk Advanced Inline Comments app for Confluence Data Center - Talk Tasks. With its help, you can:

• Assign comments to certain Confluence users to highlight task ownership.
  • Kepp the comments assigned to you (your to-dos) at hand.
  • And track the task resolution that were assigned by you in Talk Report.

Also, not long ago I had a case study with one of our clients who shared how they set up their review process in Confluence. It helps to get the holistic picture on how to use the Talk comments as tasks. However, the article was released before the Talk Task feature roll out. Now,  task management with inline comments is even more intuitive.

1 vote
Carsten Eider January 28, 2016

We have the same idea. Any updates to this issue or was even a feature request raised?

1 vote
Bruna Griebeler
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2014

Hi Ben,

I believe you're talking about tasks in Confluence correct?
As far as I know, this is not possible. So we recommend you to create another task on a subpage, and then link it on a comment for the main page.

Suggest an answer