Can we use JIRA Project among Cross-Organisations

Maneesh Sharma September 20, 2022

Hi there

Could anyone please suggest if JIRA Project can be used among Cross-Individual-Organisations?

for eg. Company A has Project X on JIRA but would like to use with Company B and Company C

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022

Hi @Maneesh Sharma and welcome to the community,

For Jira software, if you want people from Company B or C, to use it and collaborate with users from Company A, then they have to have a valid jira license (paid). You can do that of course, but I would suggest to setup proper global permissions, as well as project permissions. You might not want company B/C users to view certain projects and/or issues from specific project(s). 

Maneesh Sharma September 20, 2022

Thanks a lot for your quick response @Alex Koxaras _Relational_

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022
Like Maneesh Sharma likes this
0 votes
Arif K March 12, 2024

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

First of all I apologize for replying to a very old thread.

I was looking for an answer for cross-organizational collaboration for JIRA and I landed here.

Today I have  JIRA Application links and invited an external Organization's User (paid) to my Organization's one of the JIRA Boards and noticed it increased 1 JIRA License at my Organization.

For example,

My Organization is ABC and Board is 'QA', I have invited Organization XYZ's user1@xyz.tld (paid) to collaborate ABC company's QA Board, it increased 1 User License.

Question is does it supposed to increase 1 License at my ABC company as XYZ is already paying for user1@xyz.tld?

Please reply as I really need to collaborate other ORGs with my ORG without paying extra User License at my ORG as collaborators are already paying for their ORGs User License.

Thanks in advance.

Suggest an answer