Can we switch b/w project during Transation.

Kailash Pathak February 14, 2014

Hi,

I am using JIRA as Test case management. I have two project ONE (e.g ABC) where i am making all My Test case and OTHER (XYZ) where i am tracking my all Bug.

Is there is any way when any Test case Fail Project (XYZ) open so that i locked my bug in thet Project

-KP

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2014

You can use a plugin to provide "create issue on transition" type functions. I'd look at using the script runner plugin for this.

Hi Nic,

Can you recommend some free plugin for the same ?

I hope using this plugin i can updat

e project and issue type from drop down.

Regards,

KP

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2014

Have you tried searching the marketplace for "create on transition"?

As I already said, you could use the script runner plugin.

I'm not aware of any that ask you for details though - they all assume you're going to put the logic in the transition. I'd put the project and issue type as fields in the transition screen though, then clear them as part of the script (so they don't get written to the original issue every time)

Hi Nic,

How can you help me to set up "script runner plugin"

Regards,

KP

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 14, 2014

Start by installing it from the marketplace. Then read the documentation for it - there are loads of examples in there.

Suggest an answer