Can we somehow increase the results of a subscription past 200 results?

Jimmy Rufo July 10, 2013

I am tasked with determining a trend of backlogged open support tickets over time for my team. This requires me to determine daily how many open tickets are in my team's queue. I built a filter with subscription to get this done, but the results are always over 200, so it doesn't work for my needs. How can I get the limit increased, or is there another way for me to determine a daily open ticket backlog?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jimmy Rufo July 21, 2013

I use pie charts for other parts of reporting, but it doesn't work for the above use case. I am having someone run a report directly out of the JIRA database to get the desired outcome. Thanks though.

0 votes
Jimmy Rufo July 21, 2013

I use pie charts for other parts of reporting, but it doesn't work for the above use case. I am having someone run a report directly out of the JIRA database to get the desired outcome. Thanks though.

0 votes
Justin Alex Paramanandan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2013

Hi Jimmy,

At the moment, the subscription filter will only allow 200 results returned per filter subscription (as mentioned here). I believe that this has been done to ensure that there's no significant load in the instance to produce a larger resultset than 200 (but maybe I'm wrong).

The solution I'll be proposing is not the official solution to the subscription method, but rather a way to ensure that you can generate a proper reporting outlook for your projects. What you can do is to create a pie chart report to use this filter to give you a general overview of the open issues for the support tickets. It's not a complete one, but I reckon it may work for you?

Suggest an answer