Can we show "Won't Fix" issues differently to "Fixed" issues?

MattVB February 22, 2015

I've taken over a project that has a large number of existing JIRA issues. To get our backlog into shape I'm looking to close a lot of issues we are unlikely to ever get to. I want to use the "Won't fix" resolution, however when this displays it is difficult to see that this was a "won't fix" as opposed to fixed - i.e. it appears with a strikethrough and a green tick which displayed in Confluence. Is it possible to change this so that someone can quickly identify that an issue was "won't fix" without having to view the full details of the issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2015

Hi Matthew,

You could simply search for all issues where resolution = "Won't Fix" and execute a bulk action on those issues withing JIRA.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Modifying+Multiple+%28Bulk%29+Issues

You could also save this search as a filter and use it to display only the Won't Fix issues in a list you can use on your JIRA dashboard or on a Confluence page using the JIRA issue Macro.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Andris Grinbergs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2015

Hi,

You can add resolution column to issue navigator. Or you can create new status for Won't fix, like ("Closed and not fixed") issues and migrate Won't fix issues to that status with bulk change.

Andris.

Suggest an answer